If there is money left on your wristband, you can ask for a refund directly from your cashless account. The refund period will open on Monday 7th August at 18:00 and will close on Monday 21st August at 23.59. Throughout this time, there will be a REFUND button on the cashless account. Please note, the minimum refund amount is £0.50 and there is no charge to request a refund.
You’ll receive your money within 10 working days (look for WEEZ in your statement not Valley Fest). Unfortunately, we aren’t able to refund amounts under 50p.
If you haven’t set up your cashless account it’s not too late. You can still do it below as long as you still have your wristband. You need the 6 letters on the back of the tag.WeezPay widget
How does it work?
Just complete the simple steps below and you’re good to go…
Can I pay for things with a usual bank card?
No. All payments will need to be made using the cashless system.
How much should I top up the first time?
It’s up to you but bear in mind, you can be refunded any money you don’t spend, so we recommend you err on the side of generosity. Topping up is easy but it’s even easier not to have to do it.
How do I top up on site?
It’s really easy with the new fast top up.
Look for the WIFI signs (in the main bars and Chew Down area)
Connect to the Valley Fest Truespeed Wi-Fi (kindly provided by Truespeed). Or use your data.
Then follow the simple steps below:
You can top up as shown above if you have a cashless account or visit our cashless Bank. So make sure you bring your bank card!
I already have an account set up from last year – do I have to do this again?
Yes, to allow us to pair your new ticket with your existing account. You can use the same log in details but you’ll have a new ticket bar code number.
What if I lose my wristband?
Your cashless account is linked to your wristband, you can block it by visiting the information point onsite. You can get a new wristband which will be credited with the balance of the chip you have blocked. If you do not create an account, blocking your wristband is impossible as we won’t have the unique reference number.
Do I have to set up a cashless account?
No. But we strongly advise it. This will allow you to:
- Block your wristband should it be lost.
- Top-up your account at any time on the website or at the cashless bank.
- Easily reclaim any money you haven’t spent after the festival.
- Check you and your family’s spending history
If I don’t have to set up an account, how do I pay for things?
You can use your bank card to top up your wristband at the Cashless Bank. But please note, if you don’t create a cashless account, then you’re at greater risk of loss or theft. And if you have any money left over on your wristband, you won’t be able to get that refunded.
How can I monitor my children’s spending?
You can manage multiple people’s wristbands on your account – enabling you to top up your children’s accounts and see their spending history.
Under 18s won’t be allowed to buy alcohol but will be able to enjoy a degree of independence within the safe confines of the festival.
To add your children so that they have their own wallet linked to your account:
- Log into your account
- Click add wallet +
- Enter the name of this wallet – ie “Fred”’s wallet if your child is called Fred
- Fill in Fred’s birthdate (this will prevent him buying alcohol if he’s under 18)
- Add his festival ticket bar code OR the number that’s on the back of his wristband.
- Top up the amount
How do I recover the balance of my cashless wristband after the event?
If there is money left on your wristband after the festival, you can ask for a refund directly from your cashless account. The refund period will open on Monday 7th August at 18:00 and will close on Monday 21st August at 23.59. Throughout this time, there will be a REFUND button on the cashless account. Please note, the minimum refund amount is £0.50 and there is no charge to request a refund.
Are there any costs involved?
There is a fee of £1 when you first top up. Like buying an Oyster card, this will come out of your first debit. So if you top up £100, you’ll have £99 to spend with the wristband.
After that there are no costs to you and no costs for getting refunds after the event.
Will someone be there to help me if I get stuck?
Yes we are going to have plenty of cashless support staff who can help you. And you can email: email@example.com
To recap, it’s worth creating a cashless account because it allows you to:
- top-up before or during the festival, from a computer or a mobile (through our website), and avoiding waiting time at the Cashless Bank.
- register your bank card information in order to quickly top-up
- manage different wallets for your family, using a single cashless account
- check your balance at any time
- easily check your consumptions and download your receipts
- trace and block your wristband if you lose it or someone steals it
- ask for the refund of your remaining balance as soon as the festival ends
In a nutshell, remind me what do I need to do now?
- Set up a cashless account and link it to your barcode on your festival ticket. You do that by going through the steps above.
- Put your spending money in your cashless account.
Don’t worry, we will hold your hand if needed!